Key Points to Deve
Key Points to Develop Technical Textiles Base in India
Immediate answers to questions regarding the development and growth of technical textiles sector are:
- Awareness about Converted Technical Textiles Products;
- Educate entrepreneurs that projects can range from 20 lakhs to 5 crores; 5 crores to 50 crores and above. In other words opportunities lie for a whole range of investors;
- Create marketing know-how;
- Government should help with the creation of supply chain linkages in the technical textiles sector and
- Create practical awareness of products in the technical textiles sector that can be sold at retail level.
Two aspects that will support the development of technical textiles sector are:
- Creating marketing know-how and linkages and
- Practical knowledge on the processes and products
Another important support the government can provide is to make high-level trade delegation to the United States and Europe to start with and interact with trade bodies there in technical textiles. This should help in convincing the members of these trade bodies to think about possible investment and collaboration opportunities. This will pave way for Indian entrepreneurs to develop as suppliers/vendors for international companies and kick start joint ventures. This way marketing confidence can be built-up.
Creating confidence by way of marketing linkages is the need of the hour to develop a growing technical textiles sector in India.