Medical and Hygien
A new report to be published in June 2013 by International Newsletters Ltd. The Medical and Hygiene sector is an important and constantly evolving area of the technical textiles industry. Information about this market is discrete and difficult to review as a whole. This new report will pull together more than 45 case studies from the principal companies operating in the medical textile and disposable hygiene product sectors and will uncover a variety of changes in the industry’s landscape over the past 10 years.
Changes include well-known companies moving away from the medical textiles business altogether. BBA Group plc, for example, formerly a major supplier of nonwovens, divested its materials technology division, which became Fiberweb plc. Meanwhile, other high profile players, such as Cardinal Health, have consolidated their position via acquisitions.
What has not changed is the continuing rising demand from the healthcare market. However, that demand is now coming increasingly from emerging markets, as consumers are able to gain improved access to such products as disposable diapers. At the other end of the spectrum, an ageing population means that demand is growing in certain geographical markets for such products as incontinence pads.
This report will include:
- Up-to date financial, commercial and product information on over 45 principal participants in the industry
- An overview of how companies have weathered the economic crises of the past five years
- The strategies companies have adopted in order to survive in this expanding and competitive market
- The pressures which will be exerted on these companies and the outlook for the future
Significant trends include:
- The importance of the sustainability of resources
- Continuing to extend and consolidate activities in emerging markets
- The constant search for innovations to entice new markets
- Avoidance of wasteful production methods
- Environmental protection issues
Companies featured will include:
3M, Ahlstrom, Avgol Nonwoven Industries, C.R. Bard, Fiberweb plc, Beiersdorf, B. Braun, BSN Medical, Buckeye Technologies, Cardinal Health, Coloplast, Consolidated EcoProgress Technology Inc, ConvaTec Inc, Covidien plc, Derma Sciences, DSG International Ltd, DuPont Medical Fabrics, Ethicon, FiberVisions, First Quality Enterprises, Freudenberg, Glatfelter, W.L. Gore & Associates, Paul Hartmann AG, Hengan International, Jacob Holm Industries, Johnson & Johnson, Kao Corp, Kimberly-Clark, Kinetic Concepts, Lantor, Libeltex BVBA, Lohman & Rauscher, Mölnlycke Health Care, Ontex, Playtex Products, Polymer Group (PGI), Procter & Gamble, Rostam, Sandler, SCA Hygiene Products, Scapa Group, Smith & Nephew, Reckitt Benckiser, Unicharm, Vascutek, Vernon-Carus Ltd